Saturday, November 12, 2011

A trip to the hospital


Today was Macie's first trip to the hospital. Yesterday, she woke up from a cat nap not acting like herself, and sure enough she came down with a low fever that night. We gave her tylenol but she was up almost all night. We got up super early this morning because Zeke had a Cubmobile race with Cub Scouts. Her tempt was 101.9. The plan was to take her to a Childrens Urgent Care but it didn't open til 9am and she was just not breathing right. At all. In fact, I told Perry I thought she had croup or RSV or something. Deep, struggling breathes that went under her ribcage, croupie sounding cough, it was terrible. I was convinced she would be admitted.

I dropped Perry and the boys off at the race and took her to the Childrens Hospital in the city. She was coughing in the car, and it really scared me that she would choke or something so I started praying for her healing. She never did cough again.

At the hospital, we were in and out pretty quick as it had not gotten busy yet. She still had a temp (101). Her ears were clear, oxygen level good, and they did an xray and her chest was clear! (The whole xray-taking-process sucked. She was in tears and I was told to hold her arms above her head, arms pressed against her head, to "squeeze". I hate seeing my kids in any kind of discomfort.) I am so convinced God healed her. I kid you not, she was in bad shape before, but once I sent up that prayer, there was improvement!

She is still a little ... not herself. But she's much better than she was. I give all credit to God and I'm just thankful she's is going to be okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment