Friday, November 18, 2011

Family Night Mission: Generosity

I love my church. Have I ever mentioned that? Well, I absolutely do. I believe that we go to the best church around and for that, I'm thankful! (It's probably the ONLY good thing about the state in which we live!)

We received this top secret folder with instructions. We had to go in the car, and Asher got to give us directions as we discussed times of giving/receiving generosity and how it made us feel.

Then we were instructed to stop at a local store (Wally World, no doubt) and to do something generous and bold for someone.

Walking into Wal Mart, Asher suggested we give money to the Salvation Army.

The boys picked out a box of chocolates and a bottle of water to give to the man standing outside in the cold. It took him back, but I think he appreciated it ;-)

We got back into the car and continued to follow instructions. This time, Zeke got to direct where we went! We ended up making a random phone call to Perry's step sister and we each took turns saying something kind to her!

We then ended up back at Wal Mart where we shopped for our Operation Christmas Child! Afterwards, we read Matthew 25:40: "Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me." We discussed what that meant to us. We said a prayer for our OCC and then got to open our TOP SECRET PRIZE from the top secret envelope! The boys got gift cards for free ice cream at Chick-Fil-A!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment