Monday, November 7, 2011

His love

Sometimes it's hard for me to imagine God's love. All I know is what I've personally experienced, and what I've personally experienced is very conditional love. It's hard to believe that I can be loved through my bad times, that my sins and mistakes can be forgiven, that someone can find me beautiful in my darkest hour, that someone can see the good in me, that I am simply lovable. This concept blows my mind. I think it's very important for parents to be conscious of how they parent because how we are or how we treat our children affects how they view God. That's part of my struggle sometimes. :-/ But also, I feel so honored and privileged to be given children (and especially the ones I've been given) because I get to raise my children with unconditional love! I get to encourage these little people, build them up, show them mere glimpses of how their heavenly Father loves them. I get to plant seeds in their hearts. And that gives me hope for a bright future, and fills me with purpose and happiness. :-)

This song below makes me cry. I can't even to begin to fathom His love for me, for us. As a parent, I have a little idea, but I believe His love is so much more greater than we know.

"He is jealous for me, loves like a hurricane, I am a tree
Bending beneath the weight of His wind and mercy
When all of the sudden I am unaware of these afflictions eclipsed by glory
And I realize just how beautiful You are
And how great Your affections are for me

Oh, how He loves, yeah, He loves us
Oh, how He loves

And we are His portion and He is our prize
Drawn to redemption by the grace in His eyes
If His grace is an ocean, we're all sinking
And heaven meets earth like a sloppy wet kiss
And my heart turns violently inside of my chest
I don't have time to maintain these regrets
When I think about the way

He loves us
Oh, how He loves, yeah, He loves us
Oh, how He loves us"

1 comment:

  1. One of my favs too! The words "bending beneath the weight" totally capture my experience with Him, His Glory, and His Mercy!

    ReplyDelete