Friday, November 25, 2011

Our Thanksgiving '11

Thursday November 24th, 2011 Thanksgiving
Perry 25, me 23, Zeke 7, Asher 3, Macie 9 months, and Papa Ross 75 :)
Weather was mid-high 60's. Too warm for my taste for a late November day, but perfect weather for working on a car.

This year we had Thanksgiving at our home, just us. It's due to because of our current situation, but I'm kinda thankful for it causing us to have to stay at home as a family on this holiday. Sometimes things get too hectic in the hustle and bustle of going from here to there.
This was our first turkey we've ever made/cooked, whatever. We weren't very sure with what we were doing. Perry took out all the nasties, and added brown sugar, honey, and something else for flavor. (If this is not "traditional" or the "right way", don't judge, we newbies ;) )


Here's sweet Macie waking up the morning of her first ever Thanksgiving.

My babies, Thanksgiving day, 2011.

Our first ever Thanksgiving on our own, like grown ups! We had turkey, rolls, mac-n-cheese, mashed potatoes, stuffing, and veggies (and homemade chocolate chip cookie cake)! YUM! I am not one for Thanksgiving day food, but I actually ate up this year! It was GOOD! 

Daddy said grace then served the food.

We are SO thankful that Papa Ross (Perry's dad) was able to spend Thanksgiving with us! And I know it meant a lot to my hubby, especially because he wasn't able to see any of his other family.

Macie ate turkey with turkey broth (jar) and some mashed potatoes and a little bit of a roll! 

After our meal, daddy and Papa went back to work on my car. Such hard working men! Ross actually had a cold and completely lost his voice, but he was out there helping my hubby from sun up to sun down without one complaining word leaving his mouth - what a good man!

While the men worked on the car, the kids and I cleaned up the food and kitchen and decided to go burn some calories and go for a walk to visit the Donk-a-honk family (aka, our landlord's donkeys)! I wore Macie, she rode in the Beco (my other love!)!

Us, Thanksgiving, 2011.


 We got very crafty this week of Thanksgiving. Here's a pic of one of our crafts!
Zeke's turkey hand

Asher's turkey hand (looks like it's pooping, lol! SORRY, had to say it!)

Macie's turkey hand! 

The boys and I made this apple pie! Tastes just as good as it looks! Though, we had it a couple days before Thanksgiving, it was still consumed within Thanksgiving week so...it's included in this post!

1 comment:

  1. Just finished catching up on your blog. I wanted to encourage you in your trusting and believing. You speaking it and writing it will only do good for you and for your family. You are the glue and the heart and you are doing a great job holding fast. I love you, sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete