Thursday, December 31, 2015

Things I Love About Motherhood

I was just thinking about things I love about motherhood.

I love when my children come up to me and nestle their heads in my stomach. Usually it's because they're upset or shy - but this means they trust me enough to share these feelings, that means I am a source of comfort for them.

I love when my children do/say gross things. (Not bad things, but like bodily function GROSS things.) HOLD ON - the reason being because they feel comfortable enough around me to do so. They can be themselves...they can laugh. They know I will not come down on them with anger and yelling and name calling and such. Even when I find it gross, they are still comfortable to be themselves in front of me. I want them to know how much I love them no matter what.

I love when my children ask me to lie with them while they fall asleep, holding my hand. Again, it's that I am a source of comfort. I'm someone they trust. I am someone they really love.

These may seem like mundane things, but if you knew, if only you knew where I came from, what life was like growing up, you would understand why these things matter so much to me. I love that I love my kids and they love me. Through the good and bad, through the pretty and nasty, they can be themselves with me, and I simply love that.

No comments:

Post a Comment