Saturday, December 31, 2016

A Change In 2017

I know people are all about New Years resolutions and everything but this isn't like that. I need some real life style changes.

Like with my thoughts. Really work on taking my thoughts captive. I tend to be so negative and assume the worst (for me, not for others). I know the way I lived for almost 27 years has had an affect on this. The abuse, the fight-or-flight mode, it beat me down. Wore me out. But God is bigger. And I want to be HEALED of the way I think of myself, speak to myself, the way I react to others and to situations.

My eating. It is out of control. And maybe that's just it; a control issue. I am not quite sure. But my eating is unhealthy in what I eat (typically) and the amount of which I consume. This also contributes to fear of health problems because of the guilt of knowing better and yet not acting on it. I believe our bodies can tolerate a lot of mistreatment, but we all have our breaking point and I am finally seeing my body reaching that point. Where things were once not issues, they are now. Heart burn...to upset stomach. I have had some form of stomach bug 4 times this year. 4 times within an 8 month period. And only one time did A & M get sick as well (Z never did). It makes me go back to question my eating. Am I eating myself sick?

There are so many things I want to achieve that seem impossible for me. (This goes back to my mindset and taking thoughts captive.) What was helpful was passing my MOS certification. That felt so impossible! But it happened. And it was a small taste of what else I can accomplish that may feel impossible. 

So this year, may I focus on what feels impossible (becoming HEALTHY in & out) and make it a reality. This will be my last year in my 20s and I surely do not want to enter my 30s where I am currently.

No comments:

Post a Comment