Thursday, January 10, 2013

The Beautiful of Simplicity

Today was a nice day. Really nice.

The little ones and I surprised Zeke at school at lunch time. Then I helped his teacher by making some copies. She and I had a nice talk. I love getting to know his teacher(s)! Then we went to the media center to see if we could help and I had yet another great conversation with the librarian. So simple but so nice!

We had about 2 hours til pick up time so Ash, Mace, and I headed to a nearby park. We had so much fun! Macie isn't a big fan of slides but she warmed up and we kept going down the big slide all together. I left my phone in the van so there wouldn't be any distractions (for me). Asher loved the swings, and Macie loved sitting in the train cart. There was a little boy there, probably a couple months younger than Macie, and he would go over to Macie and point, "Baby! Baby!" and she would do the same to him! Too funny!

This evening I brought dinner for a friend of mine who had cataract surgery this morning. We all ate together and then the kids went off and played and we had a nice talk. I appreciate one-on-one, honest, and raw conversations.

I appreciate days like these. I appreciate when God opens the eyes of my heart to receive the simple yet amazing blessings He gives freely, daily. Sometimes I am so blind to the day to day goodness of His love, grace, and mercy. I value these times. The laughter and innocence of my children. I value the relationships created out of the ordinary. I am so thankful to Him for this day.

No comments:

Post a Comment