Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Baseball

This year, Zeke, decided he wanted to play baseball. He has played soccer and karate in the past but he has shown a lot of interest in baseball and was very persistent that this was, in fact, the sport he wanted to play. It worked out well because fall ball is typically a good time for newbies to try baseball. Because it's technically not baseball season, it's less competitive, and really just a good time to learn the sport.

My little man up to bat! =)

I am super proud of Zeke for going out and trying a new sport - something he has no experience in and giving it his all. He is so brave!

This Thursday will be his last game and I'm kinda sad. I've genuinely enjoyed watching the game, to my surprise (I'm not the sports type). I was pleasantly pleased with his coach. He has coached both his older boys baseball teams and is now coaching his 7 year olds. He is so patient and kind, yet stern. He is not real competitive and is very encouraging, always, to his own team and the other team. He has done a fabulous job coaching - the team has won almost all their games! And sometimes, they win by such a landslide (17-0) that I truly feel bad for the other team! But they handle the win well, and take the losing in stride, always trying harder the next time.

A-man, chillin' at big brothers game.

Ms. Macie cheesin', also enjoying brothers game.

1 comment:

  1. Hey! I emailed you back the other day saying I had been reading this and loving it and to thank you for the pic send! I also wanted to know if you cared if i put up pics that included your kiddos? But it sent me a failure notice... so I cropped the pics but can go back and put them all in if you don't mind. Excited to hang tomorrow but we might need to move it inside:)

    ReplyDelete