Monday, September 5, 2016

Camping

Saturday September 3rd, 2016

















My sister and her family gave us a tent and a whole lotta campin' stuff when they visited us. She made me promise I'd take my kids camping. Personally, I've only been camping once before - back in 2012 with Cub Scouts. I had big plans for camping in Montana but fear of grizzly bears and the fact Zeke has soccer Monday made me reign in my expectations. We ended up staying local, in town. It worked out well as our first camping trip alone as a family. We used the same campground my sis and her family used, so we ended up reminiscing about time spent with them. Zeke learned a lot from that trip, so he was especially helpful with setting up and getting the fire going. The kids enjoyed swimming, playing at the park and roasting hot dogs and marshmallows over the fire. We told spooky campfire stories. In the tent, I ended up sharing an air mattress with Ash and Mace, pretty similar to how it is at home. ;) It rained a little over night, but even moreso in the morning. I think we all look forward to our next camping trip as a family. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment