Thursday, April 28, 2016

Real Talk


Real talk (man, I hate when people say that! LOL!), I have messed up lately. Compromising for the sake of another and for no good reason. I have suffered the consequences and am left with a broken heart. After all I've been through, you'd think I'd have more sense. You would think I wouldn't make the same choices I did a decade ago. But friends - this is life! Sometimes, after many steps forwards, we go back one or two steps -BUT ALL IS NOT LOST! God's grace and forgiveness is still ours for the taking! And though the heart may ache, God alone can bring true peace and healing to it! He can take a senseless thing that happened and give it meaning, purpose so that nothing goes to waste! 

From this I have gained strength and wisdom. I am learning to own up to my worth and act accordingly. It is so much more than saying these things - I'm working to act on them! I've joined the gym and have already taken Body Pump. I hope to take that class twice a week. Losing weight and gaining physical strength will lead to a more confident me. (& YES I KNOW LOOKS AREN'T EVERYTHING.) It's time that I start taking care of my physical being as well as my heart and soul. And PS, exercise was such a love of mine many years ago.


Actions need to reaffirm the words we say.

I am so grateful that my Father in Heaven was so faithful to go before me and to take care of me. I'm so grateful for His peace which transcends all understanding! He is good! I have sinned and He has forgiven me, picked me up from the ground, cleaned me off and hugged me so! He is a good, good father! 

No comments:

Post a Comment