Friday, January 15, 2016

Struggling With Confidence

At some point along this journey in my life, I went from being a confident young lady to an insecure woman. I know there's things and relationships that have affected this. It has gotten out of control. Last night I broke down in tears...I was beating myself up with horrible thoughts and words...I was self-harming in every aspect. And sometimes, this is what I do...because I forget my worth, I forget who He says I am.

In addition to reaching out to a few close friends (who lovingly pointed me back to the Cross), I stumbled on this. Actually, I didn't so much stumble on it as it was placed in my lap from God no less.



"Confidence doesn’t come from doing everything right or having it all together. Confidence comes from knowing we are loved. Jesus gave it; she received it.


We can find confidence, no matter how unlikely it may seem to us. Confidence to push past our barriers in order to receive and return Perfect Love.


Confidence isn’t something you’re born with. Nor do you get it from the perfect childhood or the model marriage. Rather, it comes from knowing you are loved by the One who gave His life for you."
Lynn Cowell

Have I told you before how much I love Proverbs 31 Ministries? Wow how this shook me to my core. I knew it was a word from the Lord. Thank you, Father. Like said above, Jesus gave it; she received it. I receive it, Father.

No comments:

Post a Comment