Saturday, January 16, 2016

Blessed

As I was leaving school yesterday it hit me just how blessed I am. I have amazing teachers who are kind and helpful, who allow me to bring Macie with me and she basically takes over their offices - but still, they are supportive. I have an amazing job working with some of the most amazing women out there. I have incredible friends up here (& everywhere). And it was snowing yesterday so that's icing on top of the cake.  ;)wink emoticon But seriously. Is our situation ideal? No. Is life perfect or easy? Heck no! But ya know what, it could be a whole lot worse. I am so grateful to be living in Bismarck. It feels like it could be home! I'm so thankful for all the above and then some. See, there's always grace even in the midst of less than ideal situations. It's like everything and everyone in our lives right now have been placed there strategically.. I still find it funny that 5 years ago I would kid around about living in North Dakota (having known NOTHING about the state) and sure enough this is where the kids and I end up! I have peace in knowing this is where we are meant to be. I am EXCITED to see where the kids and I will be one year from now, two, three and so on...
"The truly thankful person is a truly peaceful person. They have made a habit no matter what to notice, pause and choose.
Noticing something for which to be thankful no matter what circumstance they’re in.
Pausing to acknowledge this something as a reminder of God’s presence.
Choosing to focus on God’s presence until His powerful peace is unleashed.
If you are longing to experience the powerful, unexplainable, uncontainable peace of God, pause and whisper this prayer with me today:
Dear Lord, will You help me to notice things for which I can be thankful in each circumstance I face today? Will You help me remember to pause and acknowledge this as evidence of Your presence? And will You help me to remember to choose to focus on Your presence until Your powerful peace rushes into my heart and helps me see everything more clearly? Thank You for the reality that being thankful truly changes everything. In Jesus’ Name, Amen." Lysa TerKeurst

No comments:

Post a Comment