Monday, November 16, 2015

Kisses From Heaven And Sweet Reminders

God's grace...in the midst of an emotional conversation where tears were flowing, I was walking to Macie's school to pick her up. From a distance I see her radiant smile, I hear her joyful laugh. She is saying 'goodbye' individually to all her friends boarding the bus. She wishes them a wonderful afternoon and 'see ya tomorrow!' Her light is bright. She brings happiness to those she's around. My soul gave thanks to God for this kiss from heaven; in the midst of my emotional turmoil, He reminded me there is still so much to give thanks for, there is still so much to be happy about. He is teaching me so much through my children.

And tonight...ahhh tonight. It's 10:30 p.m., my boys have been asleep for a bit, and my Macie-Mace is full of energy because she took a nap (something she does not normally do). I needed alone time tonight to complete chores and school work. As I am busily working, she's standing by my side, chattin' away; telling me stories and plans and parties she's planning with her friends - oh, and this big camping trip! She is wearing the biggest smile. She wants me to record her. I do for a while. What is more important than this? She won't be this little for long. She may not always want to be with me, under my feet, by my side, or laying on my back. She is so close to me right now. I need to soak this in.

Ahh, my sweet Macie-Mace.

As I write this, she is recording herself on my phone (I showed her how through selfie-mode). The stuff she is saying...this girl is sweet. So sweet. She brings so much light to our family. What a blessing she is.

No comments:

Post a Comment