Sunday, November 8, 2015

Halloween 2015

Saturday October 31, 2015

We were gifted with the opportunity to go to Kansas to visit our dear friends, The Otts, for Halloween. We left Friday after school, the drive was about 12 hours. We left 3a.m. that Monday. My kids had an allergist appointment in Fargo so we got there just in time for that. Turns out Zeke is allergic to, like, all trees, grass, dust, mold, etc., also cats and dogs, coconut, peanuts and tree nuts. Phew! That poor kiddo.

Back to Kansas, that was our first time getting to visit there and it was exciting! Amber cooked delicious foods and she and I ate on the porch for all except one meal. I love front porch eatin'! We took the kids trick-or-treating throughout town. Zeke was a gorilla, Asher was a muscular Spiderman, and my Macie-Mace was Olaf. After trick-or-treating, Amber's hubby and younger two kiddos went home. She and I and all my three and her older two then went to check out a haunted house that someone in town put on. She and the kids got out of the car to get in line while I tried to park. As I was doing so, I had my window rolled down and Amber and I were talking. I noticed a clown off in the distance walking closer...kinda like he was walking towards Amber and the kids. I'm like, GET IN THE CAR. Sure enough, clown dude comes to our car. He stands outside of my window and looks stares inside. I literally am standing in my seat (if you can imagine that) screaming on the top of my lungs. I was not the only one screaming! What felt like forever later, he walked over to Amber's side where he just stood there, peering into the car. She turned her gaze and was freaking out as was everyone else in the car. At this point, Zeke was pleading for me to drive off and Macie was in tears. Clown dude did a quick walk around the car, eyeing us all over, then he walked away. We left. We so left so fast. That was enough of a haunted house experience for us. We were content. (Well, really Bri did want to go back. That brave kid!)

Sunday if felt good to "sleep in."Amber took us to a nearby town and we did some shopping, sight seeing. It was a cute town! Very charming. And oh-my-gosh, they have a dedicated health food store! I miss having one of those!

Amber and I have been friends for 9.5 years. Zeke and Bri have been buddies since they were 2. Special friendships we have with these folks. The good thing about them moving to Kansas is now we are only 12 hours away as apposed to 26 hours! 



All the kiddos (except Paisley).









Macie and Amber.



Asher, Macie, and Kaitlyn making bead necklaces and bracelets.

Bri knitting. I taught her what I know. She caught on very quickly! Smart girl!

(Sunday) Our last evening in Kansas. 
Amber and I sat on the porch, sipping roasted dandelion root tea and chatting.

11-year-old Zeke and Bri.
They look good for 2a.m.!

Two-year-old Bri and Zeke.

Driving home. Somewhere in South Dakota.

No comments:

Post a Comment