Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Church Tonight

I just finished Priscilla Shirer's Bible Study "Armor of God." It was uhh-mazing! I highly recommend it.


The past 7 weeks, while in the Bible study, I've experienced a lot. Attacks from the enemy and also learning a lot. Some things I learned about were attached to things God has been revealing to me over some time. Like the need to be in control.


It was a small group tonight, just three of us made it. But we got to talking about this (control). One of the ladies shared from her experience that God revealed to her that she just needed to trust Him. Wow, that hit me like a ton of bricks. I struggle with trusting in general, whether it's with people or God himself. Whether it's because I've been hurt, disappointed or just haven't gotten my way, I no longer believe or trust in the words of others and I just take things upon myself to handle - because it would be better for me to be overwhelmed handling things on my own than for me to trust someone and be let down.


We elaborated on this topic for a moment longer and she said something to me - and I may not be quoting it right but it brought tears to my eyes - she said something along the lines of, maybe God wants me to trust Him, that He is now in the role of my husband,  provider, protector. Oh man. How different would life look if I acted on that? Just wow.


I want to remember this, therefore I write. :) I have much praying to do on this. This gal also pointed out something else that ironically I hadn't thought of...it's regarding one of my prayers that I've been praying for years and yet the opposite of what i prayed for happened...she said, what if God had been knocking on that person's heart but THAT PERSON CHOSE NOT TO ANSWER???! It does happen. We all have free will.


So much to "marinate" and pray on right now. Thankful for these moments with my sister's in Christ!



No comments:

Post a Comment