Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Year 2 Cancer Check

This morning I went in for my annual ultrasound to look for any signs of reoccurring thyroid cancer. And once again, I let fear rule me and consume as I cried randomly throughout the day, worrying about the outcome and quietly pleading with God.

A few minutes ago I received the call from my doctor. "Hey, how are?" And I'm all, ain't nobody got time for small talk - what are the results, woman?! (Haha, not really but I said something similar.)

Negative. No signs of reoccurring cancer. All looks well. And all the weight I've taken upon myself is lifted and I cry tears of gratitude.

God, how do you put up with me - me of little faith? I believe I've written on this before - how many times does He have to prove His faithfulness before I accept it and rest in His arms of peace? Why do I allow worry to cloud my mind when worry will not change a single thing?!

Today I am overcome with thankfulness. Thankful for a clean bill of health, and thankful for a patient Savior.

No comments:

Post a Comment