Saturday, May 16, 2015

Today Was A GOOD Day

Something so little can have such a profound impact...

The kids spent the day with their father and I, instead of staying home and lounging to Lifetime or HGTV, instead of cleaning or straightening up, I made plans to go out! I had lunch with a gal I met from Bible study who is going thru a similar situation and we spent about 3 hours just talking and listening and it was nice. Afterwards, I met another friend who I also met at Bible study, and we went for coffee/tea. We sat on cozy furniture by a fireplace at a delicious smelling coffee shop while it rained outside and we discussed children, gym, and personal struggles.

Oh how my heart overflowed with gratitude! After coffee/tea, we went by Hobby Lobby briefly to get a few things. It was so nice to linger thru the aisles without little people pulling things off shelves or running off - don't get me wrong, I love my little people! But to have this adult time, this girl time, was just what my soul needed. It was pouring rain outside most of the day, but that did not hinder my day; I am so happy, so thankful, I needed this so much. Oh now my house is a mess, yes, but my cup has been filled and so tomorrow I will get back to reality of cooking/cleaning/parenting and repeat, and I will have the energy to do so well.

God, thank You! You know just what I need and just when I need it. Thank you for blessing me with my new friends. Thank You for rainy afternoons and coffee shops. Thank You for community. Thank You , thank You, thank You. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment