Friday, September 26, 2014

Traditional Chinese Medicine

Thursday September 25th, 2014

Yesterday I went and had a consult with a woman who practices traditional Chinese medicine (TCM). It's actually kind of a God-thing how I came across her. I've been considering this for a while, and my research hasn't brought up many options. That's the down side to living in the third least most populated state. I had a consult a few weeks ago with my only option in Bismarck, and turns out the guy was very misleading and doesn't practice true TCM. Around the same time I came across Marilyn. I contacted her immediately. She commented how she didn't know how I found her so quick; her office hadn't even opened yet, nor had her office phone been turned out. A Bismarck-native, she has lived all over the country, world, actually, including China were to went to school and practiced TCM. I was very hopeful.

First thing I noticed upon arrival was she had jars on shelves, covering the wall of herbs. This is a good sign. You want the herbs mixed according to you and your specific needs. We sat down and she made it ubber clear she was going to ask many questins in details. She also encouraged crying because holding it in is bad for your chi. 

I won't bore with details, but I left with herbs for two weeks. At that point, I should know Perry's schedule and will be able to do acupuncture. The plan is (and can always change) to be on herbs consistently for about a year. Of course, being adjusted along the way. 2-3 glasses a day. And then acupuncture once a week for a few weeks at a time, with about a month break in between. I have heard so many success stories with TCM, I am excited to experience it myself.


The herbs for two weeks worth of tea.







First glass! Takes so...earthy. And a little bitter. But hey, I've drank straight wheat grass and beet smoothies, I got this. ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment