Thursday, September 18, 2014

Melt My Heart

This was just a sweet moment that I want to have saved so that I don't forget.

One of the many reasons we wanted to home school this year is to be able to incorporate God in it. In every subject. It's very important to me that as a parent, I do all I can to lay down that solid foundation for them as they grow up. This last year I've worried that they aren't getting enough because since the move, we've struggled finding a church and getting connected. Even just in our home life, I feel like we've become distant. I want to be intentional about putting a stop to that now.

After a super long and busy day yesterday, on our drive home at 8-something at night, we were listening to a Christian radio station. A slow song came on and I changed it to a country station. Zeke was quick to request that we listen to Christian music on the way home. How can I say no? That alone brought so much joy to my heart.

Then the song "Speak Life" by TobyMac came on. Here is just a clip of it:


Though it's crazy, amazing

We can turn a heart with the words we say.

Mountains crumble with every syllable.
Hope can live or die

So speak Life, speak Life.
To the deadest darkest night.
Speak life, speak Life.
When the sun won't shine and you don't know why.
Look into the eyes of the brokenhearted;
Watch them come alive as soon as you speak hope,
You speak love, you speak...
You speak Life, (oh oh oh oh oh oh) You speak Life. (oh oh oh oh oh oh)

Some days the tongue gets twisted;
Other days my thoughts just fall apart.
I do, I don't, I will, I won't,
It's like I'm drowning in the deep.


As the song is playing, Asher starts asking questions about it. I have heard this song a billion times, yet have never really heard the song...the words. The Holy Spirit working through my 6-year-old son awakened me to the song I was humming to. He was talking about the power of our tongue, because it has the power of life and death (Proverbs 18:21). So that brought us into a conversation about our words and being careful with them because they are so powerful.
"Don't talk hate, talk love." is what my little man said.

Quite honestly, my memory has gotten so bad lately that I don't want to forget precious moments as these. After a long, tiring day, this just filled me with happiness and excitement that my kids are paying attention, listening, learning, that they are desiring to know Him more... <3

No comments:

Post a Comment