Thursday, April 10, 2014

Today At MOPS


It's amazing how God works.

Today was MOPS (moms of preschoolers). Quite honestly, I wasn't in the best of moods upon arrival. Running late, and just one of those mornings, I psych myself out sometimes and my stomach was in knots. I'm still having a hard time adjusting up here. Mostly because of church and friends. I believe we attended the best ever church back in Georgia, and I also believe I have some of the best friends ever back in Georgia, all of whom I miss dearly and can't seem to stop reminiscing back on old times. 

I love how God works through others.

Two different women said something during MOPS about having moved away from loved ones and the difficulty it caused. Talking about not initially liking where they were, and counting the days for the awaited or hopeful move to somewhere else. This spoke to me. Hearing them speak, and seeing how they've adjusted, and how God had changed their hearts and seeing the joy in them now, filled me with hope. I want so bad to call this place my home, but I'm realizing I still have a guard up. 

Someone also spoke about how the Bible says we should be content with where we are in life, what we have. Not necessarily comfortable, but content. Am I being content? 'Cause according to my thought process and if you ask my husband, a lot of my conversations, I sound like I want it all.

Today we did time lines of our lives. A few women shared theirs. One lady in particular struggled with some health issues, and when asking, "Why Lord, why me?" Her husband pointed out, "Why not?" Which brings me back to when I realized God did not spare His son, so why would He spare me? Now she can openly talk about her story, and can share how God was at work during those low points. This also stood out to me. Just because I'm going through some health challenges does not mean life stops, or that God stops working in my life. And also, I'm not alone. I am not the only mother battling health issues. We're all battling some kind of something, but wow!, today I felt comforted by knowing I am NOT alone here. I can walk through this and still smile, still have joy, still choose to see the good. 

Another lady talked about how every week, day, hour, minute counts. I catch myself wishing for this hour, this day, this week to be over. Instead I should choose to find the good and be content. Today I walked away with the comfort of knowing I am not the only one battling something, nor am I the only one who has moved away from loved ones. AND it is EXCITING to know that God has a plan for our family here! It is EXCITING to pray and wait in anticipate for the location and home the Lord wants us to purchase and where we will settle as we raise our children! It is EXCITING to be able to meet other woman of all different ages and different seasons of life and whom I can learn from and grow together and create new friendships! There is so much good and so much to look forward to! 


Hello, my name is Emma and I'm a beautiful mess.
:)


No comments:

Post a Comment