Friday, March 7, 2014

Update on all-things-thyroid

Last Friday I went in for labwork. My levels have greatly improved since last time, but still super low. So, she upped my dosage of Nature-Throid to 2.5 grains which is about 163mcg, still much lower than what I was on when I was doing well. I had some back-and-forth with the doctors office pleading my case because I do not want to wait another 3 months feeling this way. My current symptoms are:

-Being unable to lose weight (even with diet changes and being more active)
-Hair falling out (so much more than it ever has in the past)
-Hot flashes (still nothing going on in the girl department; still no cycle)
-Brain fog
-Anxiety/depression
-Constantly tired (wake up tired, fall asleep exhausted)

I guess we came to a compromise that I will take the 2.5 grains for 6 weeks. At the 6 week mark, I am to call them and tell how I am feeling. If I am feeling the same, they will up my dosage to 3 grains. Though a little irritated, I feel like at this time I don't have any other options and at least it is a compromise and better than having to wait 3 months. I am just ready to start feeling "normal" again. And I just want my body to work the way it is supposed to. I regret having ever taken health (and fertility) for granted. 

I've started back with the Nutribullet. I "juice" or "blend" or whatever ya wanna call it, once a day. I usually do kale, beets, avocados, carrots, broccoli, some sort of berry, flax seed, Brazil nuts, and pumpkin seeds (which I just ran out of). All of it being organic. I would love to get to a point where I do it more throughout the day, but this is what I can do right now. I believe we do the best we can, and gonna have to trust God with the rest. This is something I've struggled with because most all the other naturally-healed cancer peeps are able to do so much more. Faith in God is playing a big role in my healing. I am rebounding which with the stabilizing bar is not so bad. I use a body brush for light detox and also soak in a detox bath once a week. I have also started drinking kombucha. Just a few times a week. Asher and Macie really like it too, so I usually end up sharing with them. :)

My sister's surgery is coming up. About 17 days away. Though I hate that she is going through this, I am excited for it to be over and for her to move forward. By the time surgery roles around, it will have been 4 months since she found out she has thyroid cancer. That's a hard wait, y'all. I ask for prayers for the doctors and nurses treating her, for a fast recovery for my sister, and that no further treatment will be necessary. Thanks.


No comments:

Post a Comment