Sunday, March 9, 2014

Son of God and how it messed me up

For my birthday I really wanted to see the new movie Son of God and boy did it mess me up in the best way.

Two things really stood out to me:

1) How many times have I asked God to fix ______ (fill in the blank)? God, if You wanted You could change ______. God did not spare His own Son, why would He me? God used the suffering of His Son and turned it into something so good that would benefit the world, so if we accept Him. He can also take our challenges, struggles, and pain and turn them into something good, for His glory. It's no fun going thru the pain and difficulties of life. But I believe God is good and faithful and one day we will be able to look back and see His hand at work for the good of us, and ultimately His kingdom.

2) Watching the crucifixion of Jesus - I mean, I knew all the details already, but to actually watch it, I mean, WOW... Think of the physical pain He endured. Think about the mental anguish; He alone was literally carrying the weight of the worlds sins on His shoulders; past, present and future. This man, the only perfect one to have ever been, was betrayed. Everything He did and taught was for US! Because He loves us! And yet some turned on Him, others denied Him. He died a horrific death that He in no way deserved! For me! For you! For everyone! Taking it all in is...overwhelming... Here I am always wanting something from Him. I want this, that, oh and whatever that is! Give it all to me! Seriously, what have I done for God lately? Was not the death of His Son paying for my sins enough? I ask, ask, ask but what do I give? Do I sacrifice myself for Him? For others? Am I putting others before myself? How am I dying to self? I'm not saying it's wrong to ask for things, it just made me think of what do I spend most of my time with the Lord doing...these are all personal convictions.  

Right now there are four movies including this one coming out about God. This makes my heart happy. Though perhaps not all details are accurate to Scripture, His name is getting out there. And I hope it sparks curiosity in people and they start asking, seeking, maybe even crack open a Bible or try out a church. I don't know, but it is exciting to me that these movies could point people in the direction of our Savior!

No comments:

Post a Comment