Friday, September 6, 2013

And the big news is...

Six long months ago, my husband went to North Dakota for bigger job opportunities. 
We've talked about and prayed about the possibility of our family moving out there. Well, folks, it is official; we are moving 1700 miles away to good ole North Dakota! It won't fully seem real until that day comes, but Perry has found a home, signed the lease and wrote the check. My friends, this is a done deal! We are experiencing a wide range of emotions, BUT ultimately are excited about our family reuniting! I feel at peace that this was a God thing, so I know there's nothing to worry about - I must keep reminding myself of that. My biggest heart ache is for my children who have never lived outside the state of Georgia. They will be saying goodbye to the only friends they've ever known, to a wonderful school, incredible church and Cub Scout family. Growing up, I moved state to state about 6 times, so when Perry told me the big news, it kind of took me back to the those feelings I had as a kid and I wanted to break the news easy to ours. But I am told children are resilient. And I know more than anything they want to be with their daddy again. Again, God is good, and we may be moving far from our friends and community that we've grown attached to, but we can never move away from God's all encompassing love! We will miss you, Georgia, but are so excited for this new chapter in our lives!

1 comment:

  1. So sad to see your lovely family move so far away, but so glad you will be together again. We will definitely miss you, but I'm sure God has some awesome things waiting for you in North Dakota.

    ReplyDelete