Thursday, May 31, 2012

Stitches!


The saying God doesn't give us more than we can handle really rings true for Asher. He gets hurt a lot. But he's so tough. It doesn't seem to faze him like it would for your average person. God made him extra tough because He knew Asher would get extra hurt. I've said for a very long time that Asher will be the death of me. I swear he tries to give me a heart attack! Since pregnancy, he's had me worrying. The boy didn't move much in utero, didn't cry at birth, has fallen off stairs, counters, shopping carts since about 7 months old. Health wise he's also been my sicky. Always sick with something. By age 2, he had tubes put in and adenoids removed. About a month after that surgery, he jumped off the couch and dived into the TV stand where he busted his left eye brow and ended up getting stitches. I was pregnant with Macie and so very nauseas. I don't do well with open flesh and blood as is so being pregnant didn't make it better. Thankfully, my mother in law came to the hospital and was a big help. He ended up healing nicely from that and the scar is almost non existent.

So, Friday being the last day of school and Asher making in memorable, decided to disobey me when I told him and his siblings to wait in the isle at Rack Room while I went to the end of the isle to look at shoes. I saw as he walked right by to the counter (apparently some toy had caught his eye), next thing I knew he came back to me just moments later with blood gushing down his face and this open, fleshy cut behind his left eye. I knew right away he would need stitches. I told Zeke to grab Macie and off we went to urgent care.

The manager (I think it was) from the store came out asking if he needed a bandaid and I said, “No, he needs stitches!” She offered for me to fill out an incident report but I declined; it wasn't their fault he got hurt.

In the car ride, Asher was totally calm. Zeke was crying. A lot. He held a napkin over Asher's cut and was crying, “Asher, why do you always get hurt? I love you so much!” I think he thought worst case scenario.

Perry's mom and step dad met us at urgent care. Ultimately, Asher was fine and totally brave and thoroughly taking advantage of the popsicles and papa Dane bought him and big bubba things from the vending machine.

While they stiched him up, Ash kept asking for Zeke. But overall, he did very well. Minimum to no tears. He got 5 stitches – this time with dissolvable stitches. (He got 5 stiches not even 2 years ago on the same eye.) The next day, I caught Asher trying to wrestle brother, and also playing in water after doctors order not to get wet for 48 hours.

Tuesday the 29th we thought Asher had broken his right hand. Brother accidently hit it pretty hard with a bar he found in the yard. It was very swollen and bruised but luckily, all is well. If this is any indication of what this summer will be like, please pray for us! lol



No comments:

Post a Comment