Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day Weekend 2012

For the first time since starting his new job about two months ago, Perry had this weekend off. It could not have come at a better time! One, for the obvious - MOTHERS DAY =) - but also because it had just been a difficult week for our family and we really needed some quality time as a family. It has been incredibly nice having my hubby around! I mean, just to know I'm not facing the day alone (which obviously I'm never alone, God is always there, but ya know what I mean), it's been nice for the kids to have their daddy around. Just his presence in our house...ahhh, so nice. :-)

Saturday morning I woke up early intentionally. I wanted some time to weed in the garden before the day started and got hectic. For whatever reason, I find it so peaceful in the garden. Just being outside, listening to the birds singing, feeling the breeze, being so close to God in His gorgeous creation. Love it. Simply love it. 

This morning was particularly special. Zeke wanted to help me. Shortly after, Asher came to join. I genuinely appreciate and value this alone time I was able to spend with my sons. Ya know, something I have got to say is reading these marriage books I'm not only learning a lot about Perry and how men think/are, why they do what they do, but it's helping me to learn a lot about my boys. I'm learning how their minds work, why they don't see what I see when I ask them to look for something, etc. I'm learning to appreciate my boys in new ways. I am excited and honored that part of my job description as their mom is to help encourage them to be good, Godly men and I can start by leading by example. It's exciting to know what they witness at home will reflect how they act in their own marriages one day, how they treat their own kids one day. Big responsiblity, for sure, but one that I'll take gladly!

Anyways, below is a picture of Asher helping water the garden. I did take a picture of Zeke helping me weed, but for whatever reason it didn't go through to my email and I already deleted it on my phone. =/ But let the record show, Zeke was a huge help and I so enjoyed conversating (?) with him! 
During our time together I also realized my boys aren't so little anymore. They're growing (fast) into young men. As this is exciting to watch them grow up and see who they'll become, it also saddens me at the same time. I will miss these days! I miss the ones that have past already! But it helps me to realize how precious each day is and how important it is to be aware of my behavior towards them, around them, etc. Can't mess this up - today is the only day we'll get!

Saturday afternoon, Perry went to the movies with his big brother. The kiddos and I visited a friend, Amber, who was closing up shop from her yard sale and she kindly gave us some things that she would have otherwise donated! Then we got a phone call from grandma Lisa and papa Dane to come over - they have bought Asher a bow and arrow (Zeke already has one), purchased Zeke more arrows and more bb's for his gun. Papa Dane is so good about doing things with the boys and making them feel like little men! Grandma also bought Macie a new pair of pj's and an outfit! It was a nice visit!

Macie is thoroughly enjoying all this quality time she is getting to spend with her daddy! They've been cuddling a lot! She even took a couple steps to him Saturday night! It's an amazing thing to witness the love these two have for one another! She adores her daddy and she is his world!
Sweet girl enjoying a lollipop at church while we were waiting for the traffic to clear.
Me and my silly girl, Mothers Day 2012.
Me n my boys, Mothers Day 2012.
Above is a picture of the cookie cake Perry bought for his mother and I. After church we headed to her house where we enjoyed this yummy treat (and where I'm fully taking advantage of the wifi ; ) ). Next, we're going to head out for lunch somewhere and I'm just thankful for more family time before we jump into another busy week!

Happy Mother's Day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment