Sunday, January 22, 2017

Sweet Moments

January 12th, 2017
I was 15 years old when I had Zeke. 15 years old. I am not exaggerating when I say it is by the grace of God that both he and I survived those first early years.
Over the course of his life thus far, I have worried and stressed over if I was doing a good enough job. Was I being the best mom I could be? Was his life somewhat less than because he was born to teen?
I didn't want my son to become another statistic. I didn't want him to struggle with confidence, self-worth, or feeling loved.
Tonight he had to fill out a survey for the Big Brother program. This was something he had to do on his own, I took no part in it.
They asked questions about school, friends, relationships with parents and other adults. Once he finished filling it out, I did what any mom would do and I read his answers. ðŸ˜‰
Here, in his own writing, his responses to these questions BLOW MY MIND. Confidence, friends, feeling loved, feeling supported - all things positive and good, all these things I have been stressing over since pregnancy with him - y'all, my boy is happy. He knows he is loved. He knows he is smart. He has friends, he has healthy relationships with adults. And despite divorce, he knows his parents accept him and love him.
Zeke is good. And I am doing an alright job at being his mom. And reading that survey tonight was confirmation of it. God has been so good to take care of my boy (& the other two😉). We've come up against a lot but my boy is thriving. And for that I am so grateful to God. 



January 22nd, 2017

I asked Zeke what he thinks his spiritual gift is and before he could answer Macie chimed in, "Me! I am a gift from God." (That's her names meaning.) 




January❤

No comments:

Post a Comment