Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Asher John

I've been learning so much about Asher lately.

He is a deep thinker. He is sensitive. He is wise. He is smart. He is self-less. He's a protector. He's a defender. He internalizes. 

He is a beautiful person, inside and out. I am so proud of him for who he is.

As I learn more about who Asher is, I'm trying to adjust and be what he needs. 

The thing about Asher is he comes across silly, wild and rough. But once you get past that and get to know him, he is quite the opposite. He is such a gentle guy, loving kid. 


He is so sweet, loving, gentle in nature.
(This is from when we watched a friends baby.)

My heart melts when I find him cuddled so sweetly to his little sister. No matter how they may fight, he will always turn around and defend her. Always.

He knows how my feet hurt at times and he is just about always willing to rub my feet. 

He will randomly tell me he loves me, that I'm beautiful. Randomly hug me, kiss me. Y'all, how did I get to be so blessed?


He has grown in bravery as he took swimming lessons and can now swim and he totally conquered 9ft side which even I wouldn't dream of doing!





His big brother signed him up to do this and I was able to go a couple times and what a joy it was!

This boy has my heart.

The story of how Asher came to be is a story of forgiveness and redemption. My heart aches when I see this little fella whom I love struggle with sadness - BECAUSE of his tender heart. This boy is good. So good. God has big plans in store for him. I'm so lucky to be his mama.



No comments:

Post a Comment