Sunday, November 6, 2016

A Rough Morning Turns Into Grace

Friday November 4th, 2016


Our day started off with a rough morning. Strong, hurt emotions lead to dragging of the feet which lead to leaving the house late, which lead to a chaotic drop off at school. She was shaken up as was I. I went to work in tears, e-mailed her teacher and school counselor - I wanted them to know, to talk to her to make her feel better. I messaged a few friends...more tears. Couldn't seem to focus on the tasks before me at work. My mind and heart were back at school with my youngest. I asked my boss if I could surprise her at lunch; she allowed me to. I do not take for granted my boss at all; she is unlike any other I've had before; she is a godly woman who embodies grace. 

I was able to surprise my little girl and sit with her at lunch. We snapped a couple pictures. Though I was grateful, I found it hard to smile; it was an emotionally taxing day. Getting to see her I think improved both of our days.

I am gonna mess up. I will never be a perfect parent. But boy oh boy am I ever grateful for gracious children who forgive easy and love hard.






I was able to see his guy which was such a treat. He was all, "Hi mom, bye mom, you're embarrassing me." But I definitely got in a few kisses before leaving. ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment