Thursday, June 16, 2016

Your Praise On My Lips

This is how I feel. Right now it's easy to say, feel and believe this. Life's like that; certain seasons and trials we cling to Jesus, can't get enough, and the desire of our heart is for that. But I know my struggle is when I feel free and alive and healthy and like I still have my whole life ahead of me, sometimes I put Jesus on the back burner...sometimes it leads to less than ideal choices. Sometimes it leads to an ungrateful heart. And that heart of mine starts to wandering in those times when I feel invincible, when I leave my Jesus on the back burner. Inevitably, those seasons lead to choices that knock the breath out of me and once more I'm laying at the feet of Jesus, begging for mercy and seeking peace. |

You guys, this is not the story I want to tell. I want to be a faithful servant ESPECIALLY when life is good, boring and mundane. Those times when I feel most alive??? I want to be obedient to Him, even though I think I can "afford" some risks. Where I am today, I do not ever want to be again. I hate my wandering, ungrateful flesh. The struggle between spirit and flesh that Paul speaks of in the book of Romans is real, y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment