Wednesday, July 15, 2015

No Control

The older I get, the more I realize how I try to control things. One thing in particular, my children. I try to control their environment, I try to keep them safe and I feel they are safest when with me - because then I know what's happening, I can change things accordingly, 'cause then I'm in control.

There's been a chance of storms all week but we haven't seen a drop of rain until this morning, the day my kids leave me for 24 hours and will be 1.5 hours away. I packed their bags, organized them, made sure they had all they would need plus some, to ensure their safety, well being, to give me a sense of comfort.

But now they're gone and the rain falls down and I have seen two strikes of lightning and have heard some thunder. My kids are driving off into a storm that I have no control of, I have no power over the weather or of people's driving. I am reminded of how not in control I am. I am humbled. I can try to control things to the best of my ability, with my limited knowledge, but I truly have no power in controlling the outcome of life --- whether it's my life or my children's. I am in tears as I realize my trust needs to be in His ability, not my own.

And now the storm clouds have rolled away and the sun has shown it's face. ❤

No comments:

Post a Comment