Monday, October 13, 2014

TCM Update

I have been taking Chinese herbs for about 3 weeks (or just under that). Marilyn, the doctor, told me that herbs work on a cellular level, so it would be slow, gradual changes over time. 

Last Wednesday I picked up another weeks worth, and she had tweeked some of the herbs. First two weeks, the taste was bitter. Earthy and bitter. And even if I didn't taste it as I drank it FAST, I could still taste the bitterness. Does that even make sense? It started to upset my stomach a little, so that's why she changed them slightly. This week, it isn't so bitter. Still not a fun taste, but I'm ok with that. Nothing can be more rough than a beet smoothie, of this I'm convinced.

Anyways, I am excited because I'm starting to feel changes! Yes, today was the first time in a long while that I did not feel tired. I usually have a crashing point every day where I just wanna sleep. And I flirt with the idea in my head, but very rarely do I actually lay down. I don't know if it's adrenal fatigue or what (thyroid levels are optimal right now) but it's rough. Some days the desire to stop all I'm doing and snooze is stronger than others. But today, THE THOUGHT NEVER EVEN CROSSED MY MIND. This is a big deal! Because it usually always crosses my mind...even just a little. Even if I'm not full blown exhausted, I'm usually at least a little tired, or just need to sit down for a moment. Nope, not once today. NOT ONCE. This is a big milestone. Now if we could start working on the brain fog...hehe.

Thought I'd share this exciting update. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment