Saturday, October 18, 2014

By the stripes of Jesus

I have heard several people over the years say, "by the stripes of Jesus I am healed" over a certain situation. Actually, I'm reading a book where a woman was struggling with something in her body and she kept saying that to that part of her body over and over.

For the last year, my tonsils have been swollen. Sometimes more than others. It can all be linked back to the time my old doctor messed with my thyroid medicine, but nonetheless, it hasn't stopped and sometimes it's scary because I'm afraid it'll prevent me from breathing properly during sleep. (I can't get a straight answer from the doctor on what the cause could be; weak immune system, food allergy, etc.) 

About two nights ago, they were really swollen. Usually jumping on the rebounder helps, but this time, not so much. It was late, kids were sleeping, Perry was at work. I have been learning so much about praying boldly, and not just that, but believing God is able. And as always, continuing to learn more about faith and what that looks like in action. So I started to say over and over, "By the stripes of Jesus I am healed" and no joke, by the second time the swelling in my tonsils went down. I continued to say it, though. I got more into it and added some other things, but the point is, the swelling went away! And it hasn't been back since! This hasn't happened at all in the last year! This is so exciting and I'm thankful to Him and I just wanted to share as an encouragement. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment