Thursday, June 5, 2014

Why I'm Participating In Relay for Life

Tomorrow I will be walking in a local Relay for Life. I'm sure some are wondering why as I did not do the suggested radioactive iodine treatment, and the American Cancer Society encourages radiation and chemotherapy. 

The first reason is actually quite simple. I'm still relatively new to the state and this would be a good way to plug in, and possibly meet other cancer survivors.

Another reason for joining is just to raise awareness. Regardless of where you stand on treatment debate, cancer is on the raise. In five years, it will replace heart disease as the #1 killer in the US. I hate cancer. I love people. So regardless of what treatment protocol you chose, I care about you and I hate the disease that has taken up residence in your body.

I could talk about health and natural approaches to healing, but I'll save that for another post. This is about coming alongside others in love, let's raise awareness, let's support each other in this journey - yes, educate yourself on all your options, please, educate! - but no matter what, I support you. 

#cancersucks

No comments:

Post a Comment