Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Giving Thanks In All Circumstances


 1 1/2 years ago, my sweet daughter scratched my eye pretty badly. I went to the hospital, they gave me some drops and all was well. 1 1/2 months later, it reopened. This time I went to an eye doctor who applied the contact bandaid over the course of a few days. Fast forward to now, the other morning I woke up my eye feeling irritated. I applied some drops, all was well. But yesterday it got worse. By the time I decided I needed to be seen, offices were closed - however, I was able to make an appointment for the following morning (today). Last night I woke up in so much pain. Convinced I needed to go to the hospital, but I couldn't drive myself with the rain and being unable to see very good. With prayer and eye drops, I was able to fall asleep. Perry took me to the doctor this morning and sure enough, it was the same scratch that reopened. I'm wearing another contact bandaid and go back in two days for another. 

By no means was today ideal, but it was so nice to have Perry there. It was so nice to have him be there for me, to help me, comfort me, just to have his shoulder to lean it. I also messaged some of my close friends asking for prayers. I was really scared. And God worked through them to talk to me. Don't worry/stress/fear, God's got this, everything will be okay. And it was. I felt God speaking to me throughout this. And my prayers were answered. The doctor was incredibly kind - as was the entire staff. That's what I needed. 

I don't just want to praise God or give Him recognition when things are going my way, but also when they're not. I want to "give thanks in all circumstances" (1 Thess. 5:18) - I want to always be aware of the presence of God and of His grace/mercy. I know it sounds simple, maybe silly to some, but I really felt God in so many ways today. Even though my eye hurt, even though this was not how I wanted to spend my day/time/money, I can still say God is good! And it's true. He is good. Always and forever. 

No comments:

Post a Comment