Saturday, December 7, 2013

Thanksgiving 2013

Thanksgiving 
Thursday November 28th, 2013

Thanksgiving morning.

Macie and daddy dancing, per Macie's request.


I totally slacked taking pictures of all things turkey-related this year. Perry came home the day before Thanksgiving. Thanksgiving morning he made his traditional country breakfast that we haven't had in forever. We spent the morning snuggled on the couch watching the Macy's parade. For Thanksgiving lunch/dinner, we had turkey, I made my awesome mashed potatoes, macaroni, peas and gravy (Perry thing), stuffing. It was pretty simple. For desert, I had bought organic brownie mix that we threw together. (My kids don't like pies - I know, I know, cray-cray, right?!) We went around the table saying what we are thankful for and talked about the first Thanksgiving. 




Thanksgiving Day craft that's completely Christmas oriented ;-)





Macie and Asher coloring.

I caught Macie w/ scissors trying to cut her hair. This was her best defense.



Friday, we went out and bought our 5-6 footish Fraser Fir from Lowe's. It's actually quite funny because it was the fastest, easiest time we ever spent "tree hunting". 'Cause we in North Dakota now. And it's so. flippin'. cold. So we all seemed to agree on a tree pretty quick and without objection. I giggled.

So we jumped into all things Christmas head on Friday. Ahh, Christmas, I love you. I love the warm fuzzy feeling you give off. I love the meaning. I love the smell, the colors, the food, the company, I love everything about Christmas. This year, I'm feeling a bit more in the Christmas spirit than I have in previous years. This I am fully embracing and credit partially to the cold and snow, as well as my constant Christmas music playing on Pandora.

This year we got new stockings. We had been using the same stockings since Zeke's first Christmas, and then when A and M came along, we tried finding ones like ours but they never were fully like ours so we finally bought new ones. I was out voted again on Christmas lights and we have colored again this year. Instead of an angel or star, we have a bow this year which I actually like. We also bought two small trees (fake ones, of course), one for the boys play room and one for Macie's. I've always wanted to do that for them. My sweet Mace-Mace picked out pink decorations of course, as the boys picked out blue and silver. 


When shopping for Christmas decorations, Macie showed us the bike and 
helmet she wants for Christmas. 










The Nativity scene.

Though we know the truth about Santa, he's still a fun dude to have around.

Merry Christmas!

















No comments:

Post a Comment