Sunday, March 31, 2013

Easter 2013

The boys being silly had me style their hair like Macie's!










This was like a fair ride. It went pretty fast which I didn't realize it would and I was kind of nervous about how Macie would do but
 she loved it as much as the boys did!







Bubbles that evening at the bbq!


Easter morning!



 
We had a great Easter weekend! Saturday I took the kids to an Easter egg hunt at this church we've never been to. They had blow-uppie things for the kids to play on, petting zoo, even a fair ride! It was great! The Seymour's met us there. Macie's age group had their egg hunt first. Macie wasn't too interested in picking up eggs so we headed out pretty quick, lol. At the boys egg hunt, the Easter bunny came by on a helicopter and dropped eggs. It was so cool to watch!
 
That evening, a couple from mine and Perry's marriage group at church invited us over for a bbq. They were so sweet and got each one of my kids a few little toys! It was so nice getting to know them better! They have horses and the kids were able to feed them carrots and apples. The kids had a great time and so did I (they even danced to "Gangnam Style"!). And it was awesome to have grilled chicken instead of it cooked on the stove. (Can you tell I'm tired of this detox yet?! lol)
 
This morning, Easter morning, the kiddos and I went to church. I sat with Chantell and got to visit with Anne and Susan after service. Then afterwards stopped by Perry's mom's house briefly. Later in the afternoon, we went over to the Seymour's who invited us over for Easter lunch/dinner! They are like family to us! It was so nice and of course the kids had a lot of fun. Crystal even put together a little egg hunt for the kiddos. When we got home, I read the story of Easter aloud to the kids from one of their Bible's. I'm so thankful my kids are growing up hearing and learning about Jesus.
 
Overall, it has been a really great weekend. My family and I are so blessed by the wonderful people God has put in our lives. I am so thankful for Easter. Ya know, the REAL meaning of it. I'm so thankful for Jesus. I/we serve a Risen Savior! Woohoo!
 
Happy Easter!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment