Monday, March 11, 2013

Detox: Day 1







Today was a very exciting day - today was my first day of detox!! So, this morning I went in to the naturopath doctor and I did 30 minutes of my feet soaking in this mineral water, then 30 minutes in the sauna. They gave me an alkalized water to drink. The room was so relaxing, dimly lit, nice music. It's crazy that this is what treating cancer can look like! I had more questions and was able to talk in detail with them about everything. These people BELIEVE in what they do - it's amazing and encouraging! I was also able to speak with the doctor again and we set up a plan! I'll be going in weekly for 6 weeks doing this same thing, then after this 6 weeks it will be an additional 6+ weeks of more invasive detox. They gave me the container of the powder drink (Green Foods True Vitality) stuff. So, I take it for breakfast - 1 scoop + 8oz water. I can add berries and some lemon juice. Lunch - 1 scoop + 8oz water again, this time I can blend either an apple or celery with it. I can also have a small salad but no meat. Dinner is chicken, turkey, salmon, or bass with veggies. Though they recommend I stick with either chicken or salmon. They gave me a list of OK foods and foods to stay away from. Also, to keep the fruits and veggies fresh, not frozen (of course not canned but I don't buy them canned anyway). Pretty much keep it all organic. Which I pretty much do anyways. Also, I am supposed to drink half my body in water. She told me to take half my body weight, then 16oz per pound. That's a lot of water. Maybe I understood wrong? I should probably call or bring it up next week. I feel so good (confident) after today! I had my lunch drink (no salad), and chicken for dinner. Veggie wise all I have right now is kale and green beans. Dude, I was so hungry I ate soooo much vegatables! Haa! I feel so good that finally I'm doing something ... I feel like I've gained so much knowledge and I just want to share it with the world!

0311131334.jpg
This is the stuff!
0311131337.jpg
On top is the final product: powder + water (before I added the celery). It actually wasn't so bad.
0311130953.jpg
This is the alkalized water. I'm going to look into buying some.
0311130953c.jpg
0311130953a.jpg
Mineral water feet soaking fun!
0311130953b.jpg
The sauna! Ahh, this I loved!

No comments:

Post a Comment