Saturday, March 17, 2012

Life Without God

"I don't believe Christianity is the only way."

Yikes.

Those are the words I just heard spoken by someone I am very close to, someone I love very much.

What do you say to something like that? Especially when that person comes from a broken and very abusive home, all done "in the name of the Lord"? My heart is broken, my mind is racing.

I don't know how people live w/out God. I take such comfort when there's a situation I'm faced with and it has me baffled, I can just go to Him! He can and will lead me! Or during tragedies or difficult times, it's comforting to know that there's a bigger picture than me in the here and now. That God takes care of those who love Him. It's good to know that when I'm at a lose, He is not! He is up to something good and marvelous!

But what about those who are at a lose? "I don't know what to do." they say. What do I say? I try to seek the Lord for advice but they don't believe. So, when they're at a lose, they really are. Sometimes I give my Christian advice anyways. And I'll pray for them. I think one of the biggest ways to witness to someone is not by preaching, but by the way you conduct and live out your life.

I love this person so much. I have faith that one day she will embrace Abba.

No comments:

Post a Comment