Sunday, June 30, 2013

Today Zeke and I had the opportunity to volunteer at church. Our church was doing a fundraiser for a group home for boys stuggling with addiction. The boys take turns cooking meals, and so our church asked for people to donate food and cleaning items. Then an email went out asking for volunteers to stay at the collection tables and put the food in boxes, then label boxes, weigh them, tape them shut, and transport them to the U-Haul. Kids 8 and older could help as well. So, I dropped off the little ones, and Zeke and I helped out! Chantell, my small group leader, was there too. It was such a little way to help out, but had such an impact on our hearts. Zeke told me afterwards it made him feel so good to do that. I can only imagine that as the kids grow older, we'll be able to serve in more and bigger ways. However, today I thank Him for this chance to serve with my boy. Today was a good day. :)
0630131225b.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment