Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Space & Rocket Center trip!

 

About to go swimming!













View on the ride home.
 
April 26-27 we went on a trip with Zeke's Cub Scout pack to the Space and Rocket Center in Huntsville, Alabama. This was my kids first time Alabama and my first "long" car drive all by myself as driver. It was exciting for us all! We left early Friday morning and stopped by to visit a dear friend of mine, Angie, who I have known since middle school who now lives over there. It was great seeing her and her family! We were checked in the hotel before 5 p.m. We ate dinner and went swimming for about 2 hours. I was exhausted but didn't sleep as well as I would've liked (think my body was messed up with the time change and the bed was too hard). The space center was awesome! Kids had a great time! I'm so glad we were able to go on this trip! The ride home felt so long. But I think it's just because I was so tired. I think my thyroid level is still low (I go for more bloodwork next week) and I've been super busy lately which doesn't help. Sunday morning the kids went to the in-laws and I was in my friend, April's, wedding! Such a beautiful wedding on the lake. Well, it rained all day so she couldn't have it on the dock, but got married inside, but it had a lot of windows overlooking the lake - it was still gorgeous. I had so much fun at the wedding! Most of my friends were there, my entire small group - I love all those ladies so much! Anyways, that was our crazy-fun weekend! Now I'm looking forward to school being out for summer!!! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment